Tuesday 17 March 2015

Song(s) of the Week #2 and #3: Father and Mother, Ne Me Quitte Pas

Assalamualaikum wbt peeps,

Last week was a grueling week for me. I had a five days course at Holiday Villa Subang and the schedule was super tight. 7 a.m. till 10 p.m. every single day.

After finishing the course on Friday, had a day off  before catching the bus to balik kampung. Finally! Thus, my theme song would def be about moms and dads right? So here we are. :)

How did I find this song? I was introduced by one of my scandals Moroccan friends about this Kiwis duo. Still dope with Bridges, one of their songs. Check them out guys! Worth listening. 




Basically I could only stay at home for a short stay. I reached home around 4 in the morning and I jumped straight away into kitchen and baked Red Velvet cake. My mom still didn't realize that I was home and only when the prayer call started, she got up and went to the kitchen to find out what's about the lovely (yeke?) smell. The reaction was great and heart warming. It was a moment to treasure indeed. 

We then went to a relation's wedding reception. The last wedding reception I went to was 5 years ago! Crazy right? hahaha. We reached home around maghrib time, and then I had to go to Johor Bahru for another course at KSL Hotel.

Just now reached home around midnight. phewww

Something happened, or I would say it happened to be, that my mom doesn't happy with my decision to change my career path. I don't really tell her actually what I am doing, just throwing some hints and of course she got that. I know exactly that this will happen.

On the way back home from the wedding reception, as she was sitting in front row of the seven-seated car, she started to mumble, "Kalau setakat buat kerja _____, budak darjah enam pun boleh buat. Apa guna belajar sampai ke _____, tapi penyudahnya buat kerja ni. Tahu tak _____ ni haram. and yada yada yada" 

She'd prefer me working with the government, which is the last resort to me. No offence ya, it's just me not comfortable to be in that sector. :D

I just kept my mouth shut ever since till the moment of dismiss. It hit my heart so hard. One of the main reasons I really wanted to come back was - even just for a day, i'd roll out of bed in the morning -, to actually give her a love letter that I dedicatedly wrote to her.

To make the story short, I didn't pass it up to her and it's still here with me.

Therefore, to melayan my broken heart, let's enjoy crying with this next song. I love this song to bits!




Ne me quitte pas (don't leave me). A super sad song. :(

Okay peeps, it's already 2.46 a.m. and have to be at work at 8 a.m. tomorrow.

Talk to you later ya!


Regards,
ME


ps: Rasa bersalah menerjah bila aku tak mampu nak siapkan entri #tbt dan juga kembara tu. Sebenarnya raw materialnya sudah pun ditaip, tapi perlukan amendments dan aku belum punya kesempatan untuk edit. Jadi, aku akan sambung minggu ni lah. Sorry ya pembaca (kalau adalah huhu)

ps2: Jangan risau, pekerjaan aku ni bukanlah haram pun. Cuma sebab mak aku ni super duper konservatif, dan dengan kekangan maklumat yang dia terima, jadi itulah kesimpulan yang dia mampu buat.









4 comments:

  1. aku dulu pernah dengar lagu ne me quitte pas tu..

    kawan2 aku suke nyanyi lagu tu... kinda sad that song

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aku first time dengar lagu ni yang Celine dion punya live version.

      Bila tgk versi yang ni, lagilah sedih..

      Delete
  2. suka lagu Ne me quitte pas.. penah nengok movie cite "Toast".. mmg feel layan lagu ni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeke, hmmm gonna find the movie then! Thanks for the info shin

      Delete